Finding or suspecting you have mold and mildew in your home can be an unnerving experience. As we all know, mold is vigorous and a nuisance. Once these spores find a source of food, they grow rapidly. If there's no intervention, this fungus can be harmful both to your health and property.
Another annoying thing? Mold is resilient. The spores can survive in dry environments for an extensive period. That's why it grows on drywall, ceilings, wallpaper, cardboard, and other paper products.
It's of utmost importance to follow the mold remediation protocol, or even if you clean up after mold, it may come back. While it can never be removed completely, you need to take the necessary measures to prevent mold from recurring.
Here's how to tell if there's a high concentration of mold in your home or building:
If mold is visible, mold testing and inspection are not as critical. Some mold inspection companies may try to convince you otherwise, but that's the reality of the situation. If you can see it, don't waste your money on mold testing, unless you have another reason for conducting it.
If you face these challenges, Hippo Carpet Cleaning Mount Vernon is here to help. It doesn't matter whether it is a weekday or on the weekend. Our mold testing and inspection services are twice as available as ever before because we work with the local team of mold testing specialists at O2 Mold Testing.
Professional mold testing is the only way to prove that there is a mold problem in your property, and the only way to quantify how much more mold you have indoors than exists outside nearby. Call 914-363-0750 today to consult with our experts in Mt Vernon, NY about your mold concerns.
Mold testing generally involves testing surfaces or air for mold. Usually, a mold inspector tests air samples and surfaces for the presence of molds and determines the type of mold present.
It is common knowledge that mold needs moisture to grow. Therefore, the first place to test for mold is usually a wet area. If any area in the home has been affected by water damage and it wasn't quickly fixed, that place could be contaminated by mold, so it will be advisable to test for mold there. Another place to be wary of and check for mold is in a new home. It is advised that you call mold inspectors to inspect the house for mold, as you do not know if the house has been previously affected by water damage. Some molds can be seen with the eyes. When you notice some black, white or green stuff growing around, you should do mold testing.
The best way to tell if your home is infested by mold is to call mold inspectors to conduct a mold inspection. However, there are sure signs you could look out for that usually indicate mold's presence.
These signs include: